Job Title:Care Assitant
We are a privately owned company with over 15 years of experience. We believe that the only way to continuously offer first-class care, is to nurture and develop our staff as if they were family. Our philosophy is to create a secure, respectful, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the Service Users to live in and for the staff to work in. Our mission statement is to inspire care and empower people’s lives.
About the job
An excellent opportunity to join one of the leading 35 bedded care home in Blackburn. We are looking to recruit kind, caring, committed and compassionate Care Assistants, with or without previous care experience, to join our friendly and professional team.
You will ensure that residents retain their dignity and individuality and are involved in the general activities of the Care Home. You will work as part of a team to achieve required standards. Furthermore, you would need to assist our Service Users with their immediate needs such as personal care, dressing, washing, light housekeeping, also provide mobility and food assistance. The candidate will be responsible to the team leader on duty and registered care manager.
About your primary skills and qualities
– Good communication skills
– Honest, trustworthy and emphatic
– Patient, caring and respectful
– Reliable, flexible and punctual
– Ability to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to your role and professional development
– Able to follow instructions as well as work on own initiative
– Requirements and experience ideally, one years’ care experience and NVQ lvl2 holder, but this is not essential, as we provide comprehensive training from the outset and regular ongoing support throughout your career.
– Able to work independently and as part of a team
– Flexible and willing to work shifts including weekends and nights.
– Must have a clear, current enhanced DBS (preferably transferable)
– Our Care Assistants enjoy the following benefits:
– Enhanced pay for bank holidays 28 days of paid holiday per year (pro-rata)
– Holiday pay accrued for every hour worked
– Excellent training and ongoing personal development
– Paid Induction training
– Refer-a-friend scheme
– Warm, friendly and caring colleagues, mentoring, coaching and support.
An opportunity to work for a growing, forward-thinking company.